The Embassy follows the economic and trade flows between the Republic of Slovenia and the State of Israel, provides assistance to Slovenian enterprises looking for Israeli business partners, offers Israeli enterprises some useful information on Slovenia's economic trends and assists them when searching for Slovenian business partners.
If you are looking for a business partner in Slovenia, www.sloveniapartner.com is the right address. In addition to providing a variety of useful information on the country and its economy, the site also encompasses databases aimed at facilitating your penetration of the Slovenian market. The following may be of special interest:
- SLOEXPORT: www.sloexport.si (Database of Slovenian exporters provides easy and quick access to up-to-date detailed presentation of Slovenian companies.)
- BORZA: www.borza.org (Business Opportunities Exchange System webpage where you can find new business contacts who are either looking for co-operation partners or wanting to sell or buy products and services.)
- INVESTSLOVENIA: www.investslovenia.org (Public Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Entrepreneurship and Foreign Investments can assist you in making contacts and establishing your business in Slovenia.)
Trade between Slovenia and Israel
There is a sound legal basis within a free trade regime for economic cooperation (from 2000 to 2004 a bilateral free trade agreement, replaced in 2004 by the EU–Israel agreement), and agreement on mutual promotion and protection of investments (1998).
Bilateral trade between Slovenia and Israel reached EUR 153 million in 2020, an increase of 13 % comparing to 2019. The Slovenian export to Israel amounted to EUR 69 million and import from Israel to Slovenia EUR 84 million.
In 2018, almost 66,400 Israeli tourists visited Slovenia, and they accounted for 231,200 over-night stays.
Israel-Slovenia Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Tel Aviv
The main objectives of the Israel-Slovenia Chamber of Commerce and Industry is promotion of trade, investment and joint ventures between Israel and Slovenia. The Chamber aims to intensify cooperation and promote bilateral business interests.
Slovenia-Israel Business Club in Ljubljana
Slovenia-Israel Business Club in Ljubljana was inaugurated in Autumn 2011. It operates within the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia in Ljubljana.
President: Mr Boštjan Kočar, bk(at)h2o-group.si
• SPIRIT Slovenia: http://www.spiritslovenia.si/
• Slovenia Business Point: http://eugo.gov.si/
• SloExport: http://www.sloexport.si/en/
• Invest Slovenia: http://www.investslovenia.org/
• Slovenia Partner: http://www.sloveniapartner.eu/
• Doing business in Slovenia: http://www.poslovniportal.si/Doing_Business_Slovenia.php
• Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia: https://eng.gzs.si/
• Ljubljana Stock Exchange: http://www.ljse.si/
• Statistical Office of Slovenia: http://www.stat.si/StatWeb/en
• Institute of Macroeconomic Analysis and Development: http://www.umar.gov.si/en
• Official Gateway to Information on Slovenia: http://www.slovenia.si/