Relations between Slovenia and Israel
Slovenia and Israel established diplomatic relations on 28 April 1992. The Republic of Slovenia opened its embassy in Tel Aviv on 1 August 1994.
Relations between the two countries are good and traditionally friendly, and have developed in a spirit of constructive cooperation. The two countries have developed a wide range of cooperation, particularly in the fields of economiy, science and culture. These relations provide the basis for developing a long-term partnership.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia Janez Janša and Prime Minister of the State of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu; the signing of the Joint Declaration in the Field of Technological Innovation between the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology of the Republic of Slovenia and the Israel Innovation Authority, signed by State Secretary Ajda Cuderman and President of the Israel Innovation Authority Dr Ami Appelbaum. Jerusalem, December 8, 2020.
President of the Republic of Slovenia Borut Pahor and President of the State of Israel Reuven Rivlin, Jerusalem, 22 January 2020.
President of the National Assembly Dr Milan Brglez and Speaker of the Knesset Mr Yuli Yoel Edelstein (Photo: Protocol MFA Israel). Jerusalem, 7 June 2017.
Prime Minister of the republic of Slovenia Borut Pahor and Prime Minister of the Stete of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu (Photo: Nebojša Tejić / STA). Jerusalem, 25 July 2011.
President of the Republic of Slovenia Dr. Danilo Türk and President of the State of Israel Shimon Peres (Photo: Bor Slana). Jerusalem, 12 May 2008.
Recent high-level visits:
• 22-24 August 2021: official visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia Dr Anže Logar to Israel;
• 7-8 December 2020: official visit of Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia Janez Janša to Israel;
• 22-23 January 2020: participation of the President of Slovenia Mr Borut Pahor at the World Holocaust Forum in Jerusalem;
• 19-21 June 2019: visit of the State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Mr Dobran Božič with the Slovenian Business Delegation;
• 10-11 July 2018: participation of the Minister of Health Ms Milojka Kolar Celarc at the Ministerial Meeting of the South-Eastern Europe Health Network in Israel;
• 8-9 March 2018: visit by the Knesset's Friendship group to Slovenia (MK Zouheir Bahloul and MK Amir Ohana);
• 7-8 June 2017: visit of the President of the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia Dr Milan Brglez with a delegation to Israel;
• 5-6 June 2017: visit of the Minister of Education, Science and Sport Dr Maja Makovec Brenčič to Israel;
• 25-26 October 2016: visit by the Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee to Slovenia;
• 30 September 2016: the participation of the President of the Republic of Slovenia Mr Borut Pahor and the former President Dr Danilo Türk at the state funeral ceremony for former Israeli President and Prime Minister Shimon Peres;
• 14-15 June 2016: a visit of the State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ms Darja Bavdaž Kuret to Israel;
• 13-14 October 2015: visit of Ms Irena Majcen, Minister of the Environment and Spatial Planning, to Israel,
• 22 May 2014: a visit of Minister of Education, Science and Sport Mr Jernej Pikalo to Israel;
• 20-22 October 2013: visit of Minister of Agriculture and Environment Mr Dejan Židan;
• 28 June 2012: visit by Israeli tourism minister Mr Stas Misezhnikov to the Republic of Slovenia;
• 25 July 2011: official visit of Prime Minister Mr Borut Pahor to Israel;
• 6 December 2010: the visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel Mr Avigdor Lieberman to the Republic of Slovenia;
• 8-9 November 2010: official visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia Mr Samuel Žbogar, with the economic delegation (40 business people) to Israel, participation in the conference on nanotechnologies;
• 22 and 23 July 2010: official visit of the President of the State of Israel Mr Shimon Peres to the Republic of Slovenia.